Friday 1 June 2012

Buzz Buzz Buzz I Wonder Why He Does?

Today I was blessed to have initiated another beautiful human bean into Reiki.  It was a truly beautiful experience.  I was receiving a Reiki treatment, outdoors in the peaceful heart of the country, when a wasp danced around my face; waspishy flitting from ear to ear.  It was so close I could feel the air from its wing vibrations tickle my skin and its buzz was a Formula One engine. 

At that point I realised this wasp was giving me healing, too.  When it landed on my cheek I felt a tickle on my soft palate, at the back of my mouth that spread down my throat.  When I couldn't stand the tickling any more I sat upright and thanked the wasp for the healing.  It flew away and never returned.





That experience got me thinking.  I had never considered wasps to be healers.  Until that moment I had always noticed that wasps were attracted by fear.  People resistant to healing may be fearful, angry or aggressive. But it is the flapping, flailing and shouting at wasps that results in a nasty sting.  Animals can sense fear and react to it instinctively.  If people could stay calm and ask nicely, a different outcome is possible.  

MiBu once politely asked a wasp to leave his coffee shop as it was distressing the customers.  He told the wasp that he loved it, but would it mind leaving and held the door open.  The wasp then flew straight outside.

However, I now see that while wasps may be attracted to lower or negative energies, they also have an ability to transmute negativity, if we are willing to trust them and let them into our space.  

Obviously if there's a swarm of angry wasps headed straight for me, I'll take that as a warning and run like the wind, but in that peaceful, healing space in the countryside, I am truly grateful for its loving presence.


It is a shame some people fear creatures because they aren't fluffy or cute.  A friend of my daughter had a fear of spiders, until one day she decided to name our house spiders and give them life stories.  The naming and storytelling process dispelled her fear. 






So, maybe next time you're face to face with your greatest fear, just ask what it's name is...







No comments:

Post a Comment