Wednesday 29 August 2012

Three cheers for Chlorella


A small patch of dry skin appeared under one of my eyes, then the other.  I assumed it was due to my eyeliner, so sourced a natural, Ayurvedic kajal from India.  While my eyes were no longer irritated, the redness was still spreading under both eyes.  I found I was wearing my glasses more and my eyes ached.   

I tried hydrogen peroxide on my skin and while this seemed to soothe, it didn’t clear up the redness that was still busy spreading.  Other skin conditions appeared and it finally resonated I could be deficient in Vitamin A, so I decided to ingest more alpha and beta carotene in any way I could.   I’m starting to believe that soil mineral depletion due to mainstream, intensive farming techniques means food no longer contains all the nutrients we need to maintain good health, so I have resorted to including wholefood supplements and superfoods in my daily diet.  We are also in the process of planning to grow our own food in the back garden; an exciting and daunting prospect offering so many possibilities.

I wanted to try something new to treat my eyes, as all my usual tricks weren’t 100% successful, so I gobbled some chlorella, bought from the lovely people at our local Health Shop.  

Chlorella claims to be a great source of vitamin A, lots of Bs, C and E, zinc and iron, as well as rich in chlorophyll to support the immune system and help with cell metabolism and detoxification and also a big, fat source of bio-available protein.  With an alkalising effect, it counters the acidity produced by a processed diet, so really it is essential for everybody.

Within 24 hours of taking chlorella the growth of the dry, inflamed patch had stabilised.  By 48 hours the redness was visibly reducing and by 60 hours there were just a few tiny spots of dry skin left and no redness at all.  For once I wasn’t actually expecting immediate results, so was temporarily gobsmacked.  (Anyone who knows me well is aware that a permanent state of gobsmackedness is not only improbable, but impossible).  With short term ingestion showing such impressive results and super pooping, this great, tiny green tablet will definitely have a long term place in our tummies.

So much research has been done on this amazing freshwater plant, which is the most popular supplement in Japan, that I strongly recommend you give it a go. 



1 comment:

  1. Cheers! Actually, I can share the same opinions when it comes to chlorella. In fact, I can even prove that this supplement helps detoxify my body because I've been taking it for a couple of years already.

    ReplyDelete